GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Next DLC Speculation Thread (Part 1)

BenDeR
RedDagger
Message added by RedDagger

Please refrain from posting:

posts that are reaction images/videos/memes etc. - those go here and here

non-DLC related posts/chatter - those go here

excessive wishlisting - those go here

low effort/non contributory posts, especially ones where you should just "like" the post

or about Youtubers - those go here

ill warn the heck out of u if u post these >:(

After Hours  

658 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy the After Hours update?

2. 2. Who is your favorite DJ or the one you are the most looking forward to?

3. 3. What is your favorite vehicle or the one you are the most looking forward to?

Just wondering: what if they delayed the biker update, or any other update for that matter (if biker is not next ) because they plan to announce the next RDR and don't want one piece of news overshadowing the other?

Edited by PabtheFab

Just wondering: what if they delayed the biker update, or any other update for that matter (if biker is not next ) because they plan to announce the next RDR and don't want one piece of news overshadowing the other?

It's just a DLC, and these are two different games. I can hardly believe that.

Edited by CantaloupDRMC

A fun thing to do while waiting for new DLC is to take your stange for a spin, it draws a crowd!

14289819_333897370282913_423372046173213

it's a very Nice vehicle! I wish that if their would be a new classic muscle car in a future update (non hotrod) it would share the same engine sound in Every way. If only that could be true!
  • Like 3

DentureDynamite

They should hire a good programmer guy I know. Full of good ideas he was and always got stuff done.

Leslie Benz I think his name was....

Problem is, anywhere you have people, you have politics--and I mean anywhere; I suspect it's a bigger part of the change in vision for GTA Online than we might think. IMO, that vision has shifted from an amazing open world game to a drip-fed DLC money-maker. I say that based on comments from R* themselves in the early days of GTA Online about them caring more about the game than the money made from it. I think we can agree that that is no longer the case.

While I get that just throwing "new blood" at it isn't always the best solution (larger programming teams suffer from breakdown in communication, leading to *surprise!* bugs and other issues); with R* dev's track record for blatant errors and bugs in their releases and code, they have yet to explain exactly what they're doing to address the problem(s).

...and I don't expect they ever will; either they want to do something about it and their hands are tied (Take Two directive/money goals), or they're comfortable right where they are.

Edited by DentureDynamite

...and I don't expect they ever will; either they want to do something about it and their hands are tied, or they're comfortable right where they are.

ScreenShot20160915at.png

I'd say they're not too worried.

• Like 3

OfficialTwiggz

Although unlikely, it would be nice to see a newswire post today.

This.

Off topic, but I was playing last night and died because of players or cops, whatever it may have been, but I re spawned with the Masionette(?) 9 shirt. All black with the words Liberty City below it. Meh. Probably just glitched.

Edit. Picture below.

1y9tu1.jpg

Edited by OfficialTwiggz

Be nicer if it was tomorrow, they drop a post saying "hey guys! Update out in a week, but until then, here's another event weekend"

What's the chances we'll get a shark card update? take our shark cards to benny's where we could mod them; change up hydraulics, tune and even add vinyls for them, R* never gives us enough customisation with shark cards. Guessing R* are too lazy to do that and we'll just get standard ones :(

• Like 2

Does Rockstar usually post about DLC/event on the last day of an event week or on the day after an event week has ended (tomorrow)?

Well tell your source R* should anounce it even if it's not ready. It's better for us than waiting in the dark, just sayin'

announce even if not ready... you mean like they did with the heist?

and have people bitching about it for months on end?

they learned from that mistake not to announce til its 100% sure they can deliver on the set date.

This.

Off topic, but I was playing last night and died because of players or cops, whatever it may have been, but I re spawned with the Masionette(?) 9 shirt. All black with the words Liberty City below it. Meh. Probably just glitched.

Edit. Picture below.

1y9tu1.jpg

common glitch it usually happens while doing heists

Edited by Qaziush

"We've got Bob from payroll on the phone, he says some guy on the internet told him to tell us to announce now?"

If they ignored the first two, what makes you think the third anniversary will be the one to celebrate? I'd welcome it, just seems unlikely though..

they can celebrate by releasing a special shirt, maybe the vanilla unicorn shirt!

IMG_20160914_085123.jpg

the better way of celebrating the grand success of gta V on it 3rd anniversary is by going to a strip club!

That half-unicorn half-woman is weirding me out

its just an anal plug and a spiral dildo. nothing we havent seen before.

almost swallowed my Bratwurst reading this...

• Like 1

^

@ SUNBEAM

After event week is over, we (Sweden) usually get the new week on Friday 11.00, and the announcement comes in around 15-16.

Edited by jollythecat

if if if the dlc is delayed or still under construction i would find it very sparkly if they do an article like they did before stunning c*nts & finance and melony. telling us what to expect this fall wall ball hihihi and we all can be like ui ui ui.

I love your posts......no homo.

First, it was supposed to be out at the end of august, then, for "some" reason, it got delayed supposedly to september 20th, but, here goes another delay... still for unknown reason.

For me it looks like it's a technical matter. Changing their mind just for a date? For exemple May because it's supposed to be some biker celebration? I hope not. It sounds ridiculous.

"qbeta" has been updated right? So there is something.

It is for technical reasons, at least that it was I was told.

It's totally weird why it was delayed, cause a new build of DLC file and launcher executable was uploaded yesterday. Seems like they're testing it right now.

Edited by TheCoolDean

Qabeta was updated once again a few minutes ago, this is I believe the 3rd update since it was updated for the first time yesterday. R* is clearly doing something :p

First, it was supposed to be out at the end of august, then, for "some" reason, it got delayed supposedly to september 20th, but, here goes another delay... still for unknown reason.

For me it looks like it's a technical matter. Changing their mind just for a date? For exemple May because it's supposed to be some biker celebration? I hope not. It sounds ridiculous.

It's totally weird why it was delayed, cause a new build of DLC file and launcher executable was uploaded yesterday. Seems like they're testing it right now.

or they are testing another update to fill the gap.

I'm not mach1bud, but I think he means that the first delay was for technical reasons. We don't know if it's delayed again or when it's actually happening. But something is happening soon, whatever it could be.

• Like 1

OfficialTwiggz

Qabeta was updated once again a few minutes ago, this is I believe the 3rd update since it was updated for the first time yesterday. R* is clearly doing something :p

Yeah like pissing us off. They're updating it to f*ck with our sanity lol

or they are testing another update to fill the gap.

yea could be that.

I'm not mach1bud, but I think he means that the first delay was for technical reasons. We don't know if it's delayed again or when it's actually happening. But something is happening soon, whatever it could be.

"technical reasons" kinda makes sense, for why they would need a new version of the executable.

Or the hotfixes they're having to roll out for the Premium Race vehicle exploit snafu directly interplay with the next DLC (the current hotfix hasn't worked).

• 2 years later...